Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mexican Chicken Lasagna


I love trying new recipes from Oxygen and surprisingly they are really tasty, even though they are healthy. Tonight I made this Mexican Chicken Lasagna from the November 2009 issue. It was so good, really easy, and really healthy. Here are some photos of mine!



I served mine with some avocado.



I would also just like to add that I live with a chef and it got his approval,(I waited till afterwards to tell him it was healthy) Here is a close up of the recipe. Click on the image to make it larger.



The recipe calls for taco seasoning, which I used this time, however I think next time I will just add my own seasoning instead and make it spicy. I'm also going to add cilantro, for one because it's fancier looking and two because everything is good with cilantro. Since I like spicy, I might also add some fresh jalapeno next time. This recipe isn't on the magazine website, but there are a lot of other recipes to try. Click here to check them out! The best part about this recipe, in my opinion is that is has 60g of protein in one serving. I try to get at least 125 to 130 g of protein a day. It's really low in fat as well with only 13g and has 55 g of carbohydrates. Today was  the kind of day that I really needed those carbs, after and hour and a half mixed martial arts training. It was my first time and it's quite a workout. The big question is how am I going to feel tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment